Pinterest is essentially an online bulletin board that allows you to “pin” news, products and other pertinent information to your site for patients to see. As one of the fastest-growing social media markets today, Pinterest is an incredible platform for your practice to communicate with patients new, potential and existing.
Here are my top 5 tips for engaging patients and growing chiro practice interest through Pinterest:
1. Create boards that interest both existing and potential patients. For example, a board dedicated to patient before-and-after photos offers a visual depiction of what your chiro practice can do. Other board topics can include products you like, information on treatments, video testimonials and more.
2. Name your posts carefully. When titling your boards and pins, try to avoid generic words that can get lost in the shuffle (i.e. “cool” or “interesting”). Be specific and integrate keywords that will optimize your practice’s search results.
3. Link to relevant articles. Pinning relevant articles relating to health and wellness can act as an educational outlet for your practice. In turn, this may drive individuals to your office. For example, pinning an article about the safety of a certain procedure may inspire a patient to schedule an appointment with you.
4. Offer exclusive deals for Pinterest users. Creating a board dedicated to office deals or discounts exclusively for your Pinterest followers is a great way to garner attention for your site and practice.
5. Share your pins with your Facebook and Twitter followers. Just as the best place to start when boosting office revenue is with recall for existing patients, a similar approach works when building a Pinterest following. Start with existing followers on other sites and watch your Pinterest followers expand.
Rule of thumb when it comes to promoting your chiro practice: staying in the loop with up-and-coming sites like Pinterest keeps your practice relevant, interesting and modern.